DISASTER PREPAREDNESS & MITIGATION PROGRAM
The program aims to assist vulnerable communities develop their capabilities in disaster management.
• Conduct Community-Based Disaster Management Trainings
• Formation of Disaster Preparedness Organizations
• Formulation of Community Counter Disaster Plan
• Development and training of Community Health Workers (CHWs)
• Conduct of non-structural mitigation efforts
• Reforestation for Mitigation and Food Security
• Communal Gardens
• Herbal Gardens
• Skills training (first aid, rescue, evacuation, community drill)
EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
The program aims to provide immediate assistance to calamity victims that includes provision of food and other essential relief items.
• Relief Delivery Operations
• Medical Missions
The program aims to assist communities in their efforts to rebuild people’s livelihood after disasters through community-based projects geared towards strengthening self help capacity.
• Seeds dispersal programs
• Shelter assistance
• Animal dispersals
• Project management trainings
ADVOCACY & PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
ABI engages in solidarity initiatives locally and internationally
• Promote public awareness on disaster-related issues, press for appropriate government policy and urge prompt action.
• Establish partnership with local and international donors and partners for services to the most vulnerable sectors of Central Luzon
• Mobilize volunteers among the less vulnerable sectors for the delivery of needed services to calamity victims and the vulnerable sectors.